A quick update. The children are doing well. It is summer there and it is very hot. Please keep them in prayer as the temperatures rise over the next month. Last year many people died of heatstroke.
Sandhya recently was able to purchase each child their own cup. She also bought soap for the children. She told me she bought some firewood so the children could have some warm water to bathe. Sandhya has let me know as she spends the money. She is being very careful. We told her to buy something for the children to play with. The boys got materials to play cricket & the girls got little stuffed animals.
Here is a portion of the email I received from Sandhya yesterday:
"I am very happy and thankful to tell you that your kind involvement has made them hopeful and happy. Nowadays they don't seem to be gloomy or hungry. In the early days some of them used to get up in the nights and begin to cry for they were hungry and they were in need of parental care and love. I felt very guilty, because I could not meet all their needs. Now they are happy, because most of their needs are met. They have an assurance that there are some people who love them and care for them. Above all they have come to know about Jesus. They pray to Jesus whole heartedly. They have come to know that Jesus loves them. This is the happiest thing for me. In this regard I request you to continue to extend your kind love for them. They are really in need of your love. Your kind words for them are really a great strength to both them and me."
Please continue to join us in prayer for the children. Soon I will tell you more about each child as I receive the information. May God bless you!
And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. Matthew 18:5

0 comments:
Post a Comment